97 se Range Rover sluggish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a 97 Range Rover se and from the beginning it has bean sluggish no guts. I have a 97 Disco se 7 with the same motor 4.0 v-8. It has more guts with more milage. My 97 Range has 82,000 miles on it and my 97 Disco has 189,000 miles on it. I've scanned my Range and no codes pop up. I've replaced plugs and wires,oil change, air filter, and fuel filter. Did this cause I don't know how long it's been done before. So I have a fresh start and it is still sluggish. What else should I look at. Is this normal for a Range Rover? My last Range Rover was just wore out so I know why that was so clunkie. Any thoughts

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure about it being sluggish, but if it were mine I would also change all the oil in the diffs and transmission and transfer case to synthetic.

This should also help with your issue.

Does it have the factory size tires or have they been upgraded?

Also since the RR is more adaptive to driving styles it may need the ECU erased to help reset shift points and engine response. Up to you, but if it were mine I would disconnect the battery overnight and see if it helps, but this may cause other issues, so please do at your own risk.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM