A few questions on modding my Disco.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matts98disco

Reaction score
I own a 98 Disco, and I am looking to personalize it to my taste. First off, I know many of you may not approve of what I want to do. I simply, and politely want to say, it is to MY taste. I am simply looking for some info, and I do appreciate it in advance.
First, I am getting ready to put a Borla catback, Nology hotwires, E3 plugs, and an intake on it. I am looking for the following:
A set of headers for the 4.0
A lowering kit if possible. Does my Landie have the air springs, or is it just the Ranges with the air? My Disco will never really go offroad, so I want to lower it and make it look nicer, and lower the center of gravity. I have 255/50/16 General grabber UHP sport truck tires, handles well. I am getting ready for 20" DEI deep dish wheels, and 275/55/20 Kumho STX sports tires. I like the lowered look and feel.
Is there anywhere I can get a lowering kit? And as for the headers?
Thanks guys and gals.
Matt from TN

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Headers = headman headers for a RRC Right hand drive or look for headers for a Buick 215ci engine.

You have springs on you Disco, if you lower it with the tires you have on it or that you plan to put on I hope you plan to adjust the bump stops and cut some metal, I am pretty sure you will rub the fenders if you go lower with your current setup.

I am sure you can find them, I just don't know who makes lowered springs.

matts98disco

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I found headers already thanks to you. Now the tedious work of finding a kit to lower my Landie is my current duty.
I will adjust bump stops as needed, and go down to 19" rims if needed.
Thanks, and ANYONE who can find me a lowering kit, pm me or post here. I would appreciate it very much, I am 100% interested and ready to buy.
Thanks,
Matt

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You may also want to buy the Knock sensors from a D2, or you will have to fab the headers to fit.

matts98disco

Reaction score
What will you have to do if you dont buy the KS's?
Probably wouldnt be a bad time just to buy the new sensors anyhow.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The D1 knock sensors plug in from the top and that is where the header will be, the D2 KS plug in from the side.

matts98disco

Reaction score
Thanks Joey, you have been very helpful.
On a side note, why did you remove the 30AMP fuse from your ABS?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
One day you will be driving your D1 and you will press the brakes and nothing will happen for no reason (this is without an ABS light being on) I almost hit 2 different people over the period of a month. Rather than paying big bucks to find out with ABS sensor was acting up or bad, I removed the fuse for a cost of nothing. I haven't looked back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whartonlax