Advice on a new vehicle? (to augment or replace the LR3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody puts a towel under the car seat? Wow.

That's the only thing I can add...sorry. My kids are way past that now...not sure if it's good or bad.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan,
You are correct. I always leave my third row seats stowed. However, I was referring to when you split the middle seat grouping. On my old Tahoe, I can flop down on the the rear passenger seats (or both, and the do fold up against the front driver/passenger seats) and have a longer flat run to stow on. But not in the LR#, unless the seat is fully folded away. Then I contend with the large seat bottom and lose some of that run.
Regardless, there are always trade offs. The step up is only a couple inches. If I'm not carrying a third, or more, passenger, then I can stow all of them and have more space - and store the cargo cover in the gap exposed. On my Tahoe I ended up leaving that at home 99% of the time and never used it.
On my Tahoe I also still had enough space to store flat items or blankets and things in the footwell area or beneath the rear passenger seats. I haven't checked that out on my LR3 yet.
All that aside, I just drove almost 400 miles to Wilmington, DE and enjoyed the drive tremendously, aside from the dump truck that flipped on the NJ TPKE and shut the highway down for 2 hours!

I'm not talking about the "tumble forward option to allow easy entry into the back seat. Once you fold the back down you have two options 1) Pull the lever on the side or back of the seat and rock the seat forward 2) Pull the release ******** the front of the seat cushion and push it down. Doing 2 will give you a completely flat load floor from the back of the front seat all the way to the back!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM