Afternoon all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr W

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I'm picking up my first 4x4 a 91 Range Rover Classic on Saturday and look forward to chatting to you all as the problems start to occur, :rolleyes:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... if you getting a 91, then you may want to read some info from other posters in the RR section. Don't get me wrong... Rovers are a welcome family member, but the older vehicles can be harder to find parts for as well as knowledgeable people who know how to fix them.

Wish you all the best... one day I plan to buy an older Rover, but I have to find a new house first.

Dr W

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.
The classic was in pretty good shape but I've got to fix the rev counter (I think you guys call it a tach meter), the sunroof isn't opening and the rear washer jet isn't working (although I can hear the pump working so guess a pipe has come off somewhere.

Other than that it's going in for a full service (as I'm not sure what it's had in the past) and it's MOT. Drove it 200 miles at the weekend and I sure noticed the difference in the fuel bill comared to my 1990 VW Golf Gti, oh well.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Rev counter - is probably a wire off on the alternator.
Sunroof... may be best to leave it closed... they tend to leak when they get old.
Rear washer will be a bad one way check valve at the water tank.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72