Anybody have a cure for the creaky inside door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, never recall hearing mine creak. Have to check it out.

Oh yeah they creak :) Does any one here have the instructions on how to disassemble them handles? I have never heard of Silicone Powder, is this a new product? I know of silicone grease, but I would not want to use that inside the car if I can help it.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, that will be my nuber one project when I receive the car. FIngers crossed that it will be little things like that and not main components. My concerns, Engine, Tranny, Electrics, and Air Compressor for the Air Suspension!

cmotomn

Reaction score
Wow!

It's amazing how easy it was to cure those creaky door handles on my LR3 with a little silicone. All four in 10 minutes! I asked the dealer about the noise several times in the past and they never suggested a fix, they just said it was normal. The doors and vehicle actually "feel" rock solid now!

Slwroller

Reaction score
now, if only...

I could figure out a way to silence the back end of mine! Holy jeebus, I have more rattles and noises coming out of the 3rd row seat area. I feel like i have tried everything imaginable to locate and diagnose...other than super gluing everything down.

For reference, I have a 2008 HSE Lux and drive with the 3rd row seats folded closed with Weathertech matt over them.

T.

smooth

Reaction score
I know, old post, but it still applies. I picked up an '08 LR3 recently and the creaky door handles were driving me crazy!! Not only are the handles plastic, but they creak like hell. Should have at least been made out of aluminum (aluminium?!) I searched the web for 'creaky door handle on LR3' and found this thread. Thanks to this forum and thread, I figured out how to take apart the plastic handle and cured the creakiness. I tried some silicone at first, but it still creaked a bit, so I lubed up both pieces at the contact points with petroleum jelly - now there is absolutely no creaking at all! Thanks RWO!

2yellowlabs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I coat the whole truck in spray silicone every two-three months - get's 95% of the creaks and rattles, especially the tailgate. Use it liberally and wipe off excess. Makes those black plastic parts shiney too. Thanks to this forum for this solution.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM