Awesome LR Flatirons Trip!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hum... not good. So what prevented you from moving? In my mind, this is a damn 4x4 and it should be able to move without a front half shaft :stupid:

Well the electronics get confused with one broken halfshaft. The transfer case Would lock only when it detects slippage. If the wheel won't turn it doesn't know that it is spinning. (abs sensor is on the hub and is also used for traction control) However I thought in rock crawl it auto locked the center diff. If it isn't lock you have three open differentials and 100% of the power will go to the wheel with the least traction (ie broken).

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus there is a HUGE difference between 4WD and 3WD. I have tried it a few times in another vehicle where both axles are locked.

J.D.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was the inner joint, and yes, the electronics didn't like it one bit.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ability to not be able to manually lock the center diff is a big let down in this situation.

Do you have a rear locker? I wonder if a rear locker would have made a difference at all?

EDIT: Found this thread from the land down under: http://www.aulro.com/afvb/d3-d4-rrs/98171-d3-4-driveline-strength.html

Suggestion is to use Rock Crawl but turning will disengage the CDL so don't loose momentum for turns. Oh and an answer to my rear diff question = No help, rats

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink