Backup camera lens is scratched/pitted = blurred vision

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! That looks like quite a gouge. My only related experience is putting in an alternative to this camera due to the spare tire mount blocking the stock one. That whole assembly can be replaced pretty easily, IIRC, but I have no idea how much a stock camera costs.

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR 052058

Haven’t made it as far as figuring disassembly, but I figured if they sold the cameras individually then there has to be a way to replace just them. I’m going to try and get mine replaced under my warranty at some point; probably at the warranty soon to expire inspection with anything else I can come up with
If it's an easy connection at the lens area, no problem but I believe you have to run a wire the complete length of the truck...:(

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR 052058

Haven’t made it as far as figuring disassembly, but I figured if they sold the cameras individually then there has to be a way to replace just them. I’m going to try and get mine replaced under my warranty at some point; probably at the warranty soon to expire inspection with anything else I can come up with

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR 052058

Camera for a 2012 LR4 HSE -

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch. At that price I’d have a go with this. Not a fan of eBay by any means but it comes to the rescue every now and then.

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch. At that price I’d have a go with this. Not a fan of eBay by any means but it comes to the rescue every now and then.

Thanks for that info...Unless someone has used that Ebay camera, I'll pass because the orig. connectors on the L.R. are L.R. specific...
Last night I searched for a used camera on the Web with no luck...Oh well, I'll just have to save up my pennies...

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think about going to a pick n pull or some type of junkyard? Maybe you could get one pretty easily that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72