Best tire for all conditions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will they pass a winter tire check point?
I haven't had any trouble at check points with the Coopers and no chains. They see Land Rover and big knobby tires and just waive me right past. I've been asked if I have chains with me (which I do). But they never made me put them on, and I never have. They wouldn't fit anyway... :tongue:

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nokians...

WRG2 SUV... Now in LR3 sizes for both the 18" and 19" wheels.

Nokians

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire Update:

My LR3 went into the shop (go figure), so I got a loaner with the GYs. Had a pre-scheduled meeting with some tree consultants on the Ranch (see pic). We were traversing along a 5 degree slope in fairly soft soil that had recently been mowed. In my LR3 with the yoko's or my old Gx with the Revo's, this stretch of track never warranted a bit of concern. With the GY clad loaner, the rear stepped-out down the slope and pretty soon I was going sideway's at 3 mph, opposite-lock with heavy throttle and full rooster tail. Stopping was not an option, as there was a ravine about 30 feet down the slope. The truck ambled sideways into some firmer soil, and eventually pulled itself out.

I'm certain that his would never have happened with AT tires. Because you will all ask, I was in Low, Mud-Ruts, DSC off, and we had just cliimbed a 20-30 degree slope before turning left onto the 5 degree slope.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BFG AT KO are 300/tire in 265/65/18. Is this really worth the price??

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BFG AT KO are 300/tire in 265/65/18. Is this really worth the price??

They wear longer than the Nitto/Cooper style tires, but the Coopers are $160/ea. The BFG's have arguably more proven sidewalls and are excellent in snow. It's your choice :)

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to get the bfg installed tomorrow. Wanted some other option first but tires have to top the list.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my bfg's installed today they look awesome. Thanks for the advice everyone. Now for the brush bar and lights

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink