Beware: Land Rover Fort Myers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

micke77023

Reaction score
Hello,

I just want to let everyone know about how I was "duped" by Land Rover of Fort Myers. I am a very cautious online buyer, but still -- caution is not enough. Be careful when purchasing cars online - even certified, pre-owned Land Rovers from a dealership and especially if that dealership is in Fort Myers, Florida.

I was extremely displeased and disgusted with my dealings with Land Rover of Fort Myers. I found a used 2006 Range Rover online. I spoke with and trusted the sales person who said the car was clean and straight, accident-free, clean interior, and in very good condition. When I spoke to the sales people, they never mentioned any of the flaws or defects. I gave the salesperson numerous opportunities to mention any problems with the car and he did not volunteer anything, rather he called the car excellent, tremendous and "stands tall." Therefore, given my trust and past experience with Land Rover dealers, I purchased the car. It was delivered to Dallas, Texas shortly thereafter. We understand that a 2006 Range Rover with 25,000 miles will not be perfect. However, we did not expect to get what we received.

The car that arrived was not as described. It had more scratches than usual, a crease in the rear fender, a very worn interior, balding tires, and had suffered an accident with a very poor clean up. We have also shown the car to our long time friends at Land Rover Dallas. They completely agree that the car was misrepresented. They agreed that it was not accident-free (as described by Fort Myers) and it had been very badly repaired (the rear bumper has clear brush strokes from repainting).

I immediately called the dealer to express my displeasure. Not only did the dealer refuse to let me return the car (I even agreed to pay for the transport to Dallas that already occurred), but they were extremely rude and offered little sympathy and minimal support.

I have been forced to take ownership of the car. It is terrible. The dealer and its owner have been awful. I would not recommend you deal with this company at all.

Mickey Ashmore
www.MickeyAshmore.com

rfontano

Reaction score
New Ownership

Mickey,
I could not agree with your sentiments more. At the time of your purchase (June 2009) this dealership was in very bad shape. This past week John Marazzi of Marazzi Nissan in Naples, Florida purchased Audi Jaguar Land Rover of Fort Myers, Florida.

John has a long track record of exceptional customer service, fair prices and great selection. I realize that you are out of our area so it may not make much of a difference, but the team now in place here at Marazzi Motors has been with John for a very long time and are committed to the absolute best customer experience.

If there is ever an opportunity to assist you in buying a vehicle in the future, I can personally guarantee your complete satisfaction.

Rob Fontano
Digital Sales & Marketing Director
Marazzi Motors
[email protected]
239-454-4444

LR3MAND

Reaction score
That stinks,

Have you tried calling the BBB to see if they can help you with your problem.
I almost bought an 2006 LR3 in much the same way but went to have it inspected at another Land Rover dealership to make sure it was as good as they said. I also pulled a Carfax report on it and found out the car had been in a fender bender. I hope the new dealer ship fires the salesperson and offers some kind of compensation to you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72