Black Friday rim discounts/info! Did some research today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@keya Just FYI, you can get Compos through Lucky8LLC as well. Their price includes shipping, but still need to pay tax. Ends up being about the same as JR, as I recall (that “sale” price on the JR site has been the same for quite a while). Not recommending one over the other, just letting you know another option.

EVO’s seem like a solid option as well. It was a tough choice for me between those and the compos.

I notice you’re buying 4 not 5. If you get 5, you can put your spare into the tire rotation.

keya

Reaction score
@manoftaste From what i understand TuffAnt rims don’t need spacers. They’re designed for LR4.
You have to compare the weights. I haven’t.

keya

Reaction score
@manoftaste Yes. I'm not crazy about using spacers. So If you're looking for 18" rims for off-roading, I think the viable options are Compomotive, Evo, and TuffAnt rims. Even the 18" LR3 10 spoke rims require some modifications I believe.

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@manoftaste Yes. I'm not crazy about using spacers. So If you're looking for 18" rims for off-roading, I think the viable options are Compomotive, Evo, and TuffAnt rims. Even the 18" LR3 10 spoke rims require some modifications I believe.
They do. I had to do spacers AND caliper grinding to put 265/60R18s on my LR3 wheels. I am dumping them for one of these other options soon so I can get rid of the spacers which are in my mind both a liability and a headache.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liking the TuffAnt' slightly concave/funnel-in design. I will take whatever concave I can get while staying within factory specs.

Really liking the non-black, non-powder coated version.

Anybody knows if I will need spacers with these?

Ideally Id love to be able to use the LR3/4 stock 18" tire size 255/60/18 without using any spacers, to stay factory.

Also, is the weight difference between the stock 18" or 19" rim and the TuffAnt huge?

I can tell you that a tuffant steel wheel with a 265/65/18 Cooper AT3 LT (E weight range) weighs 88 pounds. I'm guessing the steel wheel is 10 lb heavier than the 19" alloy.

Parker Freeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Tuffants with BF Goodrich KO2's 265/65/18's with no spacers and no rubbing. I bought five and do a five tire rotation. The spare needs to be deflated to around 30psi to get in the spare compartment.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I have a quote in hand for 4 EVOs to be delivered in Cali for $1,394.76.

I was wondering why the prices you were stating were so cheap.

You want 5 wheels, not 4. You have to have a spare that's the same size of your other wheels and tires.

keya

Reaction score
@Troy Angrignon So my suv came with a donut. I was going to replace it with one of the factory rims and tire for now. I assumed if a donut can work, the factory rim and tire size/setup should work too. My new setup would be 265/60/18 which is pretty close to the factory setting.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Troy Angrignon So my suv came with a donut. I was going to replace it with one of the factory rims and tire for now. I assumed if a donut can work, the factory rim and tire size/setup should work too. My new setup would be 265/60/18 which is pretty close to the factory setting.

Given the full time 4wd and traction control aids, they all have to be the exact same. That, and if you plan on doing any actual off-roading in this, you'll want a legit full-size spare, too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut