Brake Controller installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4Austin

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a brake controller on a 2011 LR4? I had my dealer install the trailer wiring but they don't install the brake controller. I purchased one and looking for where the plug is located under the steering wheel and wanted to see if anyone else has installed one and can help. thank you!:stupid:

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had our dealer install the brake controller when he installed the trailer electrics

LR4Austin

Reaction score
thanks Franky. I purchased the same brake controller from etrailer as well (great service) and purchased the wiring harness with it for the LR4. Where is the "kicker panel"? Do I need to remove the panel under the steering wheel (two screws) to find the connector? Thanks for your help.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked real quick and you have to remove the black panel under the dash. I believe its 2 black philips screws. The kicker panel is the panel right next to your left foot while sitting in the drivers seat. If I remember correctly it was about a foot and a half up from the floor. If you need more help, I can remove my panel later and try to give you a better description.

DonFromCanada

Reaction score
I just looked real quick and you have to remove the black panel under the dash. I believe its 2 black philips screws. The kicker panel is the panel right next to your left foot while sitting in the drivers seat. If I remember correctly it was about a foot and a half up from the floor. If you need more help, I can remove my panel later and try to give you a better description.

Yup. Remove the panel in the middle with the two black screws (above the brake pedal) The harness is a grey one with nothing plugged into it.

It's is identical to the Ford F-150 brake controller harness, so find the part number for the wire adapter for your brake controller if it doesn't already come with it (most do - the F150 is a popular towing platform).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM