Brake Problems 95 RR 4.2 V-8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

Lannyb

Hello,I'm in the states and i have a huge problem with me 1995 range rover county lwb.its a 4.2 v-8.i was pulling out of the gas station when my brake pedal started pushing back and the truck wouldnt stop.finally it let loose and the pedal went all the way to the floor.i barelly was able to stop.so i took it to the local garge and apon inspection they seen that the front drivers side brake hoses had a leak in them.so i ordered them and they replaced both of the drivers side front hoses.they attemtepted to bleed the brakes with the pumping the pedal up method,but at no time was there any pedel pressure.Now my question to you is there a certain method to bleeding the rover's brakes in a specific manner,and do i have to reset something,or look at something else as being the culprit?any and all help is greatly appreciated.thank you.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Brake bleeding is a standard thing... right rear, left rear, right front, left front. That gets all the air and impurities out.

ABS pump could be having a fit, or the master cylinder could be bad.

Pull the 30amp fuse under the hood for ABS and see if that helps, if not I would check the master cylinder.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72