Brush Guard for LR4. (Part II)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Subman574

Reaction score
The ARB product looks great. I live in Maine and spend a lot of time up north fishing....at dusk there are a LOT of moose around, and while I drive slowly and keep a sharp eye out, they're damned hard to see coming out of the woods. Hitting a 900 lb. plus moose gets pretty ugly - we have people killed here every year. One reason I like the Landy - moose are awfully long legged, and in a lower vehicle they tend to end up going straight through the windshield and into the passenger compartment with predictably bad results. Best plan is don't hit one in the first place, but if the worst happens I'd like to feel a little protected.

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone,

Great information and folks are waiting with baited breath for heavy bumpers to get released.

I have spoken with Andy at Voyager Racks, and he has told me he will have a mock up for review due to the level of interest. This will include heavy front and rear bumpers. I am looking forward to seeing what he will cook up. I have his roof rack, frame sliders + side step, and ladder and am very happy with them.

Meanwhile, I was looking at Kaymar’s (of Australia) heavy rear bumper. It looks great and seems really practical, probably the best out there for the LR4. But the price they gave me hurt my head, so I am going to hold off on that purchase. See http://www.kaymar.com.au/vehicles/landrover/discovery4.php
If you want to know the prices I was quoted, please PM me and I can tell you what the figures are.

If you just want the tire mount without the full steel silliness, Rasta 4X4 has an assembly to put a sixth (spare) tire over the rear bumper; it requires drilling into the steel bumper bolted onto the frame as well as through the plastic bumper in order to mount it. See http://www.rasta4x4.com/NewsDetails18ef.html?news=1

Nathan,

Could you post (or send me a PM) the information (Lucky8 selling for ARB?) about the heavy front bumper for LR4?

I just purchased the Rasta 4X4 skid plates (all of them but the OEM sump plate which I already have) and when they get here I will hang them on the truck. My next big purchase will be the heavy bumper. I though the rear bumper, but after the price from Kaymar, I may opt for the front bumper first. My wife wants the front bumper (more obvious protection) Hope Andy has some good ideas and can get us some examples and pricing soon.

I am going to post an update to your "second battery install" thread shortly. Been busy-

Cheers-
Land Rover Joe

dominicbeirne

Reaction score
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what fuel the LR4 runs in US/Africa? I have a petrol D3 and need a bull bar but ARB won't sell a winch bar for a petrol vehicle in Australia, don't ask me why I have no idea, and I really need one for the trips I have planned.

Regarding Land Rover Joe's comments on Kaymar bar - it allows two spares or one spare and a jerry-can holder along with work light, hi-lift jack and shovel positions. The price is high, but you get what you pay for so it is still a wee while away for me.

Once the Kaymar bar is on - with twin spares, work light, hi-lift jack, shovel and HF Radio aerial - I will then put a long range fuel tank in where the underbody spare goes now.:smile:

Will be well kitted out when all done, please God I am not too old to enjoy it when everything is finished.:driver:

BTW Traxide here in Australia has a new dual battery set up which is working well for me.

Cheers

Dom

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dom,

A lot of people probably find your question strange...of course the LR4 NAS uses gasoline! What else is there?

The Discovery 4, as far as I know, uses diesel. Thus, getting a gas truck in Europe (an LR4), or a diesel truck in the US (Disco 4), is near impossible. I got the LR4 through a diplomatic sales office while I was in Europe and then brought it with me to Africa. Most folks in Africa (these days) are driving diesel. TDI is a pretty tough thing to beat, although the old series Rovers are gas. I have even heard that Land Rover intends, as some point, to market diesel LR4's in the states (maybe around 2014). Audi, BMW, VW and others have already begun and I imagine that as much as Americans love their gasoline cars and trucks...the fuel economy benefits will eventually make people think twice.

As for the Kaymar-true: you get what you pay for. In my case...I don't have payment for the rear bumper (although I wish I did). Thus... it stays on my wish list. I will be saying the same prayer as you-

Hope that helps-

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72