Buying my RR HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

LRMEX

Good day guys.
Well I have owned a couple of Discoverys and currently own a 2002. Sold my 2001 to buy a Range Rover.
I was wondering if my asumptions ar correct.

I have done some research and have found that the less problematic RR are the ones from 1998 on. Im looking at price ranges from 12k to 15k.
So far I have comed across a couple of RR that look pretty good.
I do have this following dilema. I have been offerd a 00 RR HSE with 130K miles on it directly from the Las Vegas Dealership. The offered a 6 month extended warranty on it.
Price is well in the range I´m intending to pay, but still dont know if its woth buying a 2000 RR or buyinga 99 or 98 RR with less miles.
What do you guys sugest?

N

napotnik

there is not too much different in the way of mechanics in your choice range. my biggest concern would be maintenance records on the 2000. was it taken care of? considering it came from Las Vegas it probably did alot of stop and go driving.. not too hot for the rover V8. but the air is nice and dry in vegas so you might not have air suspension problems.. personally if i were in the market for another range rover i would swap out the air for standard coils and shocks. Atlantic British sells conversion kits that use all genuine parts. all together i would steer away from big city owned range rovers though and buy something that spent more time doing less stop and go. all of this assuming you want to keep the vehicle for a loong time.

L

LRMEX

Thanks for your comments. I actually backed away from that Rover in Vegas and currently looking forward on closing a deal on a 99 HSE with 70 K miles in Abuquerque NM. I did a bit of research and found a good Land Rover repair shop and they will do a pre purchase inspection for me. If that goes well I think I'll fly inn an close the deal tomorrow and drive back with it. I intend to keep the RR for a while but I dont expect to put that much fatige on the car off road. Actually I'm considering it to be my daily comute car. I usually drive 30 Miles to my job each day and all of dose miles are Highway miles, son in a sence thats good for my future rover. I might also get married next year so having the RR would be a good adition since my girfriend and my self currently drive sporty cars.
Can I expect from a Range Rover the same performance as my previous 2002 Disco?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635