Can you get a nav as an add-on option for the 07 LR3 SE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codemunky

Reaction score
I'm in the market for an 07 LR3 SE right now, but the one I'm looking at has no options. Is it possible to add on the navigation package? I really like how I can see where the wheels are pointing in off-road situations.

Thanks.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Well, maybe. But it would be waaaay cheaper to look at a different '07.

If there was a way, i'd give you mine for free. Can't stand it, I'd much rather have the cubby.

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, just stick a Garmin in the cubby, save yourself thousands of dollars in the process

Geotrash

Reaction score
I'm in the market for an 07 LR3 SE right now, but the one I'm looking at has no options. Is it possible to add on the navigation package? I really like how I can see where the wheels are pointing in off-road situations.

Thanks.
Personally, I like the factory nav and 4x4 info system in my LR3. I use it all the time and it gets the job done. That said, the technology in the newer aftermarket nav systems is better and you wouldn't have to pull off the road to enter an address (man, I HATE that). The 4x4 info system is useful but not critical- in fact I just came back from a trip up Engineer Pass in the Rockies. The key info you need is available elsewhere in the center console.

So, if you can't find one with the factory nav at a decent price, I'd buy one without it and have an aftermarket unit installed in the cubby. Folks have posted threads here on the best units to go for.

Dave

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda like the cubby. Sunglass case fits great in there.

But, if you're dead set on the NAV, find one with it from the factory if you want the factory NAV...

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 years, I used it once. mostly just sits on the 'liability' screen. Seriously, my phone is better. A Garmin is way way way better. For that much money it should be able to actually read my mind about where I'm going and then just start spitting out directions.

yankee270

Reaction score
I got the Garmin Nuvi 1490T (I think). I got that one cause it's big and fills the space in the Nav area. Hard wired it in. Looks good, works great and CHEAP!!!!!!

yankee270

Reaction score
I got a Gamin Nuvi 1490T (I think). I got that one cause it's the biggest I found and fills the space in the Nav area. I hard wired it in and it looks great, works great and CHEAP !!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4