DC Snowzilla: Any Landy action?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left DC just before the snow began on Friday. Currently in Auburn, AL (War Eagle) for a meeting and visit with my daughter. Suffering severe snow driving FOMO as my LR4 sits on its brand new Nokian WRG3's in the Reagan National airport parking deck! With any luck I'll get to slog my way home on Sunday night but everything is pending the storm duration.

Any DC area Landy owners getting out to scout the action? Any Rescue Rover stories? Post some pics and reports from this epic blizzard!

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Few of us is going to Pine Barrens to play in snow, on Sunday,weather permitting
we already got 15 inches and it is only morning , Pines area will get a LOT more that we will, so it 'll be fun for sure.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is well over two feet now , here , Hopefully I will be able to get out tomorrow at all as I have three cars to un shovel ..Pictures when I get there..

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the time I got home (Monday evening), the main roads had been cleared down to bare pavement. Many of them were even dry. Very disappointing. But neighborhood streets are still a gnarly mess. I went out of my way after an errand just now to test the new Nokians on a hilly street that had not been plowed. But first I joined a couple of guys who were digging out a young gal in a high-centered little Chevy 4-door. Once we got her on her way I shimmied up that street with no prob. The street across from me has not been touched. I don't even see any FOOTprints coming from it, just one lonely sedan at the entrance that looks like a cupcake with way too much icing on it. I may bust a move down that cul-de-sac just to give them some hope.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the time I got home (Monday evening), the main roads had been cleared down to bare pavement. Many of them were even dry. Very disappointing. But neighborhood streets are still a gnarly mess. I went out of my way after an errand just now to test the new Nokians on a hilly street that had not been plowed. But first I joined a couple of guys who were digging out a young gal in a high-centered little Chevy 4-door. Once we got her on her way I shimmied up that street with no prob. The street across from me has not been touched. I don't even see any FOOTprints coming from it, just one lonely sedan at the entrance that looks like a cupcake with way too much icing on it. I may bust a move down that cul-de-sac just to give them some hope.

LOL that you are disappointed you didn't have any snow to play in. So I thought I would share the following links on Winter Romp if you haven't seen them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhMuyklBIr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qmISRUGD6U

:eek:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan, I love Winter Romp videos and had not seen these so thanks for posting! It was also nice and a bit melancholy to see all those Defenders, coming on the heels of yesterday's ending of an era in Solihull. :frown:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM