eas fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V

vahn

i have a 97 range rover and the suspension light stays on in high position,also all the height and low positions are not working ,at the dash light it said eas fault , at one time it said traction control over heated does anybody know anything about that, please help

R

Russwess

My 1995 4.0SE range does that too. I dont know what causes it, but it will happen everyonce in a while. If anyone can help, it would greatly be appriciated.

bonnettoboot

Reaction score
The answer is to scan the vehicle and reset the system, so many things can cause these problems, it has to be scanned!

A

avid

My 1998 RR also indicated something about Traction Control Overheating frequently after it reached 90K miles. Strangely, the guys at Hornburg in L.A. couldn't tell me what that meant and supposedly they have never seen that before and couldn't offer any suggestion or help. I wasn't surprised! As far as the EAS fault goes, from my experience, the ride height system is about to fail. I had 3 failures in 2 years and opted to convert to a normal suspension system. It makes you think twice about buying another one of these junks again.

shupack

Reaction score
EAS repair.

You have a "soft fault" which can be caused by many minor problems. It is a warning, to let you know that a "hard fault" is on it's way.

the soft fault could be caused by a bad sensor (might even be just dirty) a bad pressure switch, or the compressor running too long (to name a few).
unfortunately the only way to find out is with a scan. there might be someone in your area with rovacom/autologic so you don't have to give your first born to the dealer.

There is some basic troubleshooting you can do-

First have a look at the airsprings, if they're dry-rotted and cracked it's time for new ones. That alone might clear the soft fault (soft faults will self clear if the cause goes away)

Listen to your compresor, if it sounds and shakes like an old diesel, it's time for a rebuild and new mounts.

Mix up some soapy water and spray it on the airline connections to the block, and the spring tops-leaks here will give you problems. new orings
will take car of that, sometimes the lines are chewed up by heavy handed mechanics, you can trum .5mm from then end to get a better sealing surface.

BULL DOG

Reaction score
I have a 2003 disco and the the traction control light comes on from time to time. It says in the book that it should stay on when you have slip and then go out. In my case if i turn off the car and re start it its ok is this a normal for a disco

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM