Factory Wood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jakobzara

Has anyone orderd the factory wood installed by the dealer. I was looking at the peel and stick ones from the dealer and the real wood from the factory.

Any thoughts would be helpful

Darren

R

roadguy55

Wood dash

Darren, it depends on the look you want. The factory wood is a flatter satin type finish where the stick on stuff is deeper and glossy. I chose the stick on stuff as I feel it looks much more luxurious and compliments the truck better. The factory stuff doesnt stand out or grab your attention. If you want, I ll send you a picture of mine.

I should add the factory wood does not have the seams that the stick on wood does.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Amir

Hi roadguy55, i would also be interested in pics of the wood trim that you have installed...thanks.

F

Freeflytim

You want this why??
Does it make it easier to remove mud from the interior??

Its a LAND ROVER... NOT an Escalade!

Leave it alone!

S

sierragirl

I love the satin finish wood trim on my LR3. It's pretty in an understated way and it really doesn't make the car look less rugged. The glossy finish I've seen on a friend's car looks like plastic. Just my opinion.

N

neytas2000

IMO - It does not look that good. Satin or Glossy. But everyone has different taste. I personally would want a brushed Aluminum trim kit. (like on BMWs and Acuras) It far more sportier and along the lineage of a Land Rover!

But for the wood lovers check this out - http://www.rangeroverwood.com/lr3steeringwheel.htm

I've seen it in person. Very Nice job!

R

redrover

Darren, My wife had the dealer install the wood trim in our 2000 II when it was new. She had them do the same thing on our previous Series I, with no later problems. After about 2 years, the plastic began to delaminate from the veneer, and it all looked like cheap hell. I peeled the plastic off the dash top piece, lightly sanded and then varnished it. Like I have time for this. The rest of it is only partially delaminated so it will not peel off. We will not be doing this on the LR3-6 that I am currently considering. That is assuming that this site does not continue to scare the heck out of me from buying one until I start seeing from very positive posts. I told my wife the same thing that I just read. It's a Land Rover, not an Escalade. Good luck.

F

Freeflytim

Redrover... don't be scared about buying one. Look at the posts and post numbers from the loudest complainers.. New posters looking to scream about whatever. They have a problem and they are trying to find a place to vent. Go to any BMW/GM/Toyota/etc board and you will find the same for EVERY vehicle. Yes, there are some bad BMW/GM/Toyotas/Land Rovers out there! Unless someone is an "enthusiast" they have no reason to find these boards and post. Only the few with problems become vocal. Land Rover has sold, Id guess, 7500+ of these trucks in the US. How many people are complaining here?? Yeah, you get my point. Buy one. You'll be happy.

R

redrover

Thanks Tim for the get back, and you are right about those other sites and the most vocal ones. It's just that those posts about wives stuck on the side of the highway and parking brakes engaging at 80 mph can have an effect on you. None the less, I'm devoted to the breed and want to buy #3 Rover soon. You'll see a separate post from me shortly titled "1st post, 3rd rover, LR3-6 purchase dilemma". I ran it as my first post on the site in the introduction section a week or so ago and only got one response. I was just down in TN on business. Pretty country. Fred -out-

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99