First LR4 Noise question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALScott

Reaction score
I got my first Land Rover a month ago, 2011 LR4 with 56K miles. I have noticed a noise. It occurs when it has sat a bit and only when I back out of parking space/garage, when I put it in drive and turn, at the moment I hit the throttle there is a noise coming from the front end best I can tell. Any ideas on what it may be? It's not a loud noise it's almost more something I feel in the front.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the steering gear. Do you notice any shimmy coming from steering wheel?

ALScott

Reaction score
Could be the steering gear. Do you notice any shimmy coming from steering wheel?

No shimmy in the steering wheel. It's a really short thing, just a quick noise/feel just as I accelerate forward/start off and that's it. I have read about bushings on here and wondered if that might be the beginnings of them going bad. I had an old Land Cruiser and they would make noise.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4