Ford ESP Warranty Term Suggestions Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, thank you guys for all the knowledge and experience covering all of the Rover scenarios. I've read through most threads regarding warranties and tomorrow I may be purchasing a Ford ESP warranty based on all of your input.

I purchased a 2006 LR3 last month with only 50k miles in JAX, FL. The extended dealer warranty is ending soon and I'm torn between purchasing the 3yr 36k and 4yr 48k:stupid:. There is roughly a $1000 difference in price.

Some of you guys that have warranties and looking back, what would you suggest???

By the way, just received my Johnson Rods yesterday and now noticed a nail in a tire... an excuse to the wife to get bigger tires already?!?

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've got a Ford ESP Premium Care - when I bought - the terms extended the original Factory Warranty. So - when I got the 7/100K warranty, because of the extension nature, it really functions like a 3/50K warranty.

Don't know if that still the case - but it has definitely been worth the money

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 5 year plan from Ford. I was out of warranty so a tad cheaper for some reason. It covers almost everything that the factory warranty has (see thread on this). These are insurance plans and as I'm sure you know, the older something gets, the longer down the time road you get, the more expensive things are. So I would get the plan that best fits your needs and provides to longest coverage you want. The $1000 price difference now will be a lot less in say 5 years - the dollar depreciating, inflation, increasing cost of everything. You get the idea.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks guys for your input. I did decide on going with a Ford ESP Premium Care 5yr 48k mile plan. For starting with a 7 year old vehicle and having the piece of mind up to 100k miles or 12 years old... I feel relief already. At $5200 for the warranty it is a bit expensive, but with all of the costly experiences... I already feel that it was well worth the cash.

We'll be making a trip in a couple of weeks back home to Pittsburgh, PA and hoping to experience the Rover capabilities of what most of you have with snow.
Thanks again!

san6279

Reaction score
Where did you buy your policy? Just checked online and found 5yr/48k for $4500 with $50 deductible through Ziegler.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the warranty through a local JAX, FL Ford dealer...Mike Shad Ford. I just checked and I would recommend as suggested above to check online. May be able to save a bit.

The warranty has just made me feel more it was worth it over the past couple days. I took it to the Rover Dealer here after realizing the clunking noise pulling into the driveway wasn't normal after reading some threads. Both complete arms/bushings were replaced at a tune of $1325, covered under warranty.

When first purchased, I had a new rear dif and MAF sensor replaced under the old extended warranty from the dealer in which I purchased. That was a $2300 bill if I remember correctly.

Warranties are well worth the investment already with easing the mind!
Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM