Front & Rear Lamp Guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am debating on purchasing the front & rear lamp guards for my '05 LR3 SE. I had similar guards on a previous Tahoe that had to be screwed into the actual metal panels of the exterior. My question for those of you with these concerns the installation of these guards on the LR3. Do you have to drill into sheet metal, and if you remove them later, will there be visible holes in the metal remaining? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank ya very much!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing will be visible after removal... no worries. You do need to drill a few holes in non-visible places to attach the rear guards, though... if my memory serves me. Read the installation pictograms yourself at: http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com - under Accessories.

The front ones are (technically) not available in North America (they are probably illegal in one state or two), so you'd need to buy it them from an overpriced importer. :)

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front Guards are available in U.S. VUB501200. Any U.S. dealer should be able to order them. I have them on the shelf.
EDIT--->seems that they are on b/o. You should be able to order them, but they may take 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. It looks like they should be pretty easy to install even for an idiot like me. I have seen them advertised on different sites. It looks like I'll be paying a minimum of $200 for front and another $200 for the rear. Does anyone know of anywhere to get 'em a bit cheaper? Thanks.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, it seems you are right... it can now be ordered in the US. Now I'm really curious why it wasn't available initially here...

They are extremely overpriced for what they are. You won't see it for much less than $200 unless they are strolen or used. :)

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about the A-Frame Protection Bar? I checked out the installation instructions at the previous link. Is it pretty difficult to install? It is expensive, but seems much more reasonable when compared to the lamp guards. I am definitely learning that Land Rover accessories are more expensive than those for my old Tahoe!

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grommet said:
Dave, it seems you are right... it can now be ordered in the US. Now I'm really curious why it wasn't available initially here...

They are extremely overpriced for what they are. You won't see it for much less than $200 unless they are strolen or used. :)
Grommet,
I just talked to my dealer, and after checking with with LRNA parts he said they are NOT avail in USA, and should be labeled as "market specific", altho they do show up in the system at $180. He was told he could order all he wants,but he will never see them :frown:

Cheers
John

Last edited by a moderator:

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be market-specific or not, I can sell you the set I have. PM me if interested.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I guess my "unavailable" comment stands. You can order it, but you can't get it. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9