Front wheel bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taytum98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are called Swivel Pins. Download the Rave manual, http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=13&Itemid=29 and read up on it.
It's unlikely, but the loose hub could be the swivel pin preload being too light, if he grabbed the tire at 12 & 6. But if that's what it is, they definitely need rebuilding and not just adjusting, though just adjusting usually doesn't last too long, replacing at least the bearings is a better route to go.
If it were my car I would just tighten the hub nuts correctly and drive it to see if the swivel pins are loose, typically evidenced by the steering wheel jerking back and forth when you hit a bump, until you apply the brakes and/or slow down. If they seem good they you can probably just replace your hub bearings and seals.

I have it. Thanks!!

KonaCrash

Reaction score
Hey everyone, going to do this job soon and remembered there is a big locknut on the axle stub..... anyone remember what size it is so I can go pick up the right sized socket?

I only got this one vehicle so I can't take it apart and then head to the tool shop.
Thanks ahead of time.

frankie

Reaction score
Hey everyone, going to do this job soon and remembered there is a big locknut on the axle stub..... anyone remember what size it is so I can go pick up the right sized socket?

I only got this one vehicle so I can't take it apart and then head to the tool shop.
Thanks ahead of time.

52mm or 2-1/16 ( two and one sixteen ) just done mine easy job

Regards Frankie

KonaCrash

Reaction score
Thanks Frankie...
A couple other quick questions.
Do you need to pull off the brakes to do this job?
Do the seals or gaskets need to be greased at all when they are installed?
When you grease the bearings, do you just slop it on both sides? how thick a layer, etc?

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak