HDC Fault and Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95badger

Reaction score
Hi. New to the board. I have an '06 LR3 with 55k miles. Battery was replaced under warranty at 38k. For the past week, I have been getting random HDC warnings, suspension lowered, no cruise control, amber brake warning and the tip over symbol. I have read that it is most likely the battery. Could it really only last 14months? Or it is sometimes bad connections. Can someone help me understand where are the connections that I am supposed to look at. The ones connecting the battery, or the fuse box next to it, or under the HDC button? Also, if the battery tests fine, I have seen on some boards that the battery could still be causing these warnings. Is there another way to test without replacing it? Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

GMT

Reaction score
Had same faults and thought maybe battery as well. Took it to dealership (under fac warranty) and turned out to be faulty brake lamp switch.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMT points to a common problem which indeed shows those same symptoms. Another culprit (same symptoms) is a bad wheel angle sensor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72