Hello from New York

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

TR4Runner

Hey LR people....

I'm a 4Runner owner (very happy, I should add) who also has a long-term interest in Land Rovers. I joined the forum to learn more about these excellent and capable vehicles.

I'm a big fan of the new LR3, the older Defenders and Discos.

The only thing that turns me off about LRs in general is the perceived reliability issues. Have they improved in recent years? Would I have a better chance of a problem-free LR3 than I would have had with, say, a Disco 5 years ago?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... first let me be the first to mention. 90% of everything you hear bad about any vehicle is probably the majority. I have owned my '97 Disco (said to be one of the worst years for LR) and it has been problem free for the last 3 years and 50k miles. I have had to change brakes and a few bulbs here and there, but over all it has never left me hitch-hiking or getting a tow truck.

I think more than anything it is how well it has been taken care of and what maintenance has or has not been done.

Don't get me wrong you take your Toyota and run it to death without basic service and it will out last a LR run the same way, but if you service them both I would say you could get the same service life out of them.

But what do I know... I just love my Rover as one of the family

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4