Help me..I want to buy a '97 Range

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V

viopluscom

Hy..If anyone could help me it would be great.I want to buy a 97 range rover black..nice rims..see the pictures..if I can upload them.Anyway the car has 200k kilometers.I had a 2.2 Astra Bertone and never took a ride in a range before.i drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 and it seemed awful...you couldn't cut the curves with more than 80 km/h.So I need to know what will the maximum speed of a car like this would be and how does it drive at high speed?...Also in a city....is it a confortable ride?Anymore advices and sugestions will be highly appreciated..I hope somebody will answer me and tell me more about this car.It has a 2.5 TDS engine..Thanks How does it accelerate?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could help, but almost no diesels here in the states. But if it is like the Disco's that I have heard with diesels... acceloration and top speed are not going to be the strong points, but it will get better fuel economy then the petrol version.

H

highlander

The Range Rover is going to be completely different from the Grand Cherokee and a world apart from the Astra!
The diesel version is a great car if you want the looks and the offroad ability but not too concerned with performance. They are underpowered for their size, but you can get it chipped which makes a serious difference to the way it performs.
Range Rovers are a bit of a statement and can affect your bank balance greatly, but I would not be without mine even though it cost me a small fortune today!
One thing I would recommend is great rid of the air suspension as soon as it looks like it maybe starting to get tired. Fit springs, you wont notice much difference and you will never have the heartache of seeing the EAS light come on again!
You asked about the max speed of the diesel, it should be around 160km/h which does not sound much. But remember you are sitting high so you can see more of the road and plan what you are doing so your average speed will make up for the lack of straightline speed! Around the city the Range Rover is great. Its comfortable, its got a great view and everyone notices you!
Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM