Hitch and Wiring Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

alanmeyer

Does anyone have an inexpensive source to purchase the hitch receiver and wiring harness from? AutoWebAccessories.com sells these items for $275 and $132 respectively. Shipping to my home (CA) adds another $43 making the total about $450 not including the installation cost/time.

I've seen some older posts that had these items for sale on eBay, but I found no one currently selling them.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
-Alan

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alan, it won't get much cheaper... unless you get them used or stolen. Just a little lower in price, and they'd take a loss selling it to you. :smile: See if your local dealer will get close, and then you won't need to pay shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

alanmeyer

grommet said:
alan, it won't get much cheaper... unless you get them used or stolen. Just a little lower in price, and they'd take a loss selling it to you. :smile: See if your local dealer will get close, and then you won't need to pay shipping.
I took your suggestion and called my local dealer. They are pretty expensive as follows:

Hitch Receiver: $455.00
Wiring Harness: $202.69
Wiring Install: $198.00

Of course, there's no shipping cost, but there is tax. Online was no tax but shipping. So, I'd save about $250 by purchasing online, and another $200 (ouch !) by installing the wiring myself.

When I told the parts guy that I found the receiver for about $275, he also claimed that the online retailer is selling it for almost no profit. I guess only LR is making the real money!

Best,
-Alan

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The local dealer here is doing $325 and $145.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I guess that means your local dealer wouldn't budge at all on their price, eh? Impressive. That's really high... but they are free to charge what they wish.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is Land Rovers suggested list price. However, they have been known to budge. Let me know where you are finding it online and I'll see wht can be done.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, Alan already said where in posting one. (autowebaccessories) :smile: Also, I was talking about Alan's dealer quoted prices... very high.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

schafari

Roverconnection has the wiring for only $80. That is the one I ordered and it is working fine. I am not sure how they do it for $80.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4