iPhone with iOS4 & Pandora work fine (so far)!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dstrickler

Reaction score
iPhone cable broke after less than a year

... and we only drive about 10k miles a year. Very disappointing. It will charge the phone, but both my phone and my wife's give a "device error" on the LR4 when connected. Time to hunt down a new cable.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you still have the receipt will they give you a new one? If it's less than a year old?

dstrickler

Reaction score
Deal will replace the cable under warranty

I spoke with them yesterday, and they said I had to bring in the entire car so they could verify it was a cable that needed replacing. That's the bed news. The good news is they said they have the cable in stock and it should be covered under warrenty.

jnuz

Reaction score
I figured out how to make Pandora work. Basically, you need to get your iPod to finish playing songs (not paused) and then Pandora works -- at least it did for my iPhone 3GS with OS 4.2.1.

I did this by creating a Playlist called "Pandora", and I only put one mp3 track in that Playlist which is 2 seconds of silence (I created that track with music editing software). I go to that playlist and play that track. When it's done playing (all of 2 seconds), I can go to Pandora and hit play and it does not revert back to the iPod.

Sometimes it will try and play that same track in the Pandora Playlist repeatedly, even though I have repeat mode turned off. But usually I can go to another playlist, and then go back to the Pandora playlist, play that track, and it will finish playing that track and not go into repeat mode.

Hope this helps! :)

First-time poster and new RRS owner. Anyone else get this to work? I'm going to give it a try. Scared of upgrading to iOS 5 now, though and having problems again.

dstrickler

Reaction score
IOS5 is working well in my 2010 LR4

First-time poster and new RRS owner. Anyone else get this to work? I'm going to give it a try. Scared of upgrading to iOS 5 now, though and having problems again.

I can get Pandora and Radio Paradise to play uninterrupted. However, I must let the iPhone play some local music, and then, without stopping it, fire up Pandora or Radio Paradise. Seems to work well, and it didn't work under iOS4.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iOS 5 working great with Pandora!

I finally upgraded my iPhone 3GS to iOS 5.0.1 and so glad I did. As someone else pointed out, I no longer seem to get that annoying "incompatable device" message every time I plug the phone. Pandora works great now, and even displays the artist/title information on the car display now! :)

Another new feature is that if I switch from iPhone/Pandora to radio, it automatically pauses the Pandora (it didn't used to do this). When I switch back, Pandora automatically resumes. Love it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4