Look Under Your Seat!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

toddjb123

I have a problem with the springs popping off my rear seats. My LR dealer says this is the first time they have seen the problem and are ordering me new springs and caps, which I doubt is the problem (but hope it is). I'm guessing they have not seen the problem yet because most people don't know it exists and don't fold down their seats as often as I do. So here is the deal;

Go to either your left or right rear seat. Look underneath it. There are two springs (one on each side) that are covered by a black plastic cap. (first picture).

On my car, these pop off all the time. I can easily recreate the problem as such; fold down the seat back. Now you have the folded seat ready to press down. Press it down until it clicks/locks. Now pull the strap so it pops back up. Repeat a couple of times and the spring will pop off. The noticeable effect is that it now does not lock down as easily and when it pops back up it does not always stay locked in the upright position until the seatback is raised. Only the inside spring pops off.

The second picture shows the spring popped off with the plastic cap on the floor.

It is easy to put back on, but it comes off allll the time for me. Just wondering if this is only on my LR3.

Look forward to any feedback. Thanks,
-todd

Attachments

• lr3 RR seat spring attached.jpg
    lr3 RR seat spring attached.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 121
  • lr3 RR seat spring detached.jpg
    lr3 RR seat spring detached.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 102
T

toddjb123

anyone? stick your head under your rear seat for a peek!
thanks. :)

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
I took a look this weekend when I was cleaning out the back.
Mine look to be on pretty tight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99