looking for a LR3 HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi,

we are considering a used LR3 and i want to see if there is anything specifically to look for option-wise or year wise? we have a place in the mountains with bad snow, dirt roads, ice, etc. i've had plenty of diesel trucks and 4runners, etc but this would be our first LR. from what i read 2007-2008 seems to be a decent year to get.

looking for good off road capabilities and reliability if that helps. used just because i'm cheap :)

thanks for any advice

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search about the factory heavy duty package, the locking rear e-diff and full size spare. It is more desirable to find one with the rear locker, but lots of the listings and even dealers wont know right away every time. Just requires peeking under to see.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Peeking under can tell you if it's NOT an HD-equipped vehicle, but not for certain if it IS, because someone could've simply added a full-sized spare along the way. Good starting place though.

If it doesn't have the full sized spare, no locker.

If it does have a full sized spare, check the rear diff for the locking actuator/motor on top. That will verify it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635