Lost key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sojovedek

Reaction score
I lost my only key of my 2002 Td6. I still have a key without electronic, so i can open the door but can not start.
Any advice is welcome since at the service they told me the key costs 400€ each, the minimum order is 2, and if they are unable to program the key, the lock electronic should be replaced for another who knows how much. Please help!

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located?
I have never heard of the "2 key minimum".

Also, any key ordered thru a dealer should be closer to $300/ea, and is VIN locked so would work 100% - no "ifs".

sojovedek

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I live currently in Finnland. What does VIN lock mean?

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you buy a new key at a dealer, you provide your VIN and then LR makes/sends a key for that vehicle.

There may be independent shops that can do this for you also - I think there is one here in California who has done it for customers for less $ than dealers charge.

I suggest maybe trying disco3.co.uk - as you may have better luck with British help based on your location.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA