Low coolant warning light 21 Range Rover sport hse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Borin arias

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Range Rover sports hse
I bought it in January Sense then I’ll be having problems with my low coolant warning light Took it in for service in May bought it back in for service in June because the same issue is anybody up there having the same problem

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully it is just a sensor or bad wire.

UKLR4

Reaction score
Apparently there is a manufacturer problem with the low coolant level warning

The low level coolant level warning comes on less than minute whilst driving and then disappears into the log history which is retrieved by toggling the menu switch or when you restart the car.

The above is a serious design flaw because if you're driving on the highway you are likely to miss the warning and will be dangerous to toggle the menu switch when cruising at highway speeds. Within minutes you are at risk of incurring high engine temperature and potentially engine malfunction.

In my case I lost all engine power and had to bring the car to a safe place to stop before calling a recovery truck to drop off the car at the JLR Dealership.

The JLR dealership diagnose the problem to a low coolant level and claim I did not stop the car immediately onto a side slip road. JLR in Saudi Arabia defined this as and act of 'misuse' which has led to the consequential engine to melt.

Cut a long story short, they are want me to pay for the coolant hoses and they will replace the engine under extended warranty. But the cost of replacing 18 engine bay hoses is around $5000 which I am not happy with...as I am being charged for something which is not my fault.

I have conducted some further internet research and found exactly similar engine malfunctions occurring on highways in UK and US due to coolant system malfunctions and / or insufficient low level coolant warning display on the dashboard.

Warranty providers in the US and UK replaced the engine and ancillaries without cost to the customer whereas in Saudi Arabia they blame the customer under the definition of misuse.

Manufacturer should take responsibility to ensure all critical parts categorized as 'A' should display a continuous audible warnings for critical part failure until driver deactivates the warning themselves to ensure driver is fully aware and takes preventative measures to safe guard the car and himself and other road users from harm.

There are reports on this issue dating back to 2012 and they are recurring on the latest 2019, 2020 models too.

Gadget_Dog

Reaction score
I have a RRS 2011 and the coolant sensor warning appeared without any leakage. Done the mandatory Google search and found literally hundrends of posts and video's pointing towards a faulty sensor....so i have taken the "bit between the teeth" and replaced the sensor and resevoir....but the fault is still showing :dontknow:??

Does anyone have any "next step" ideas? like...is it fused is it a fault that needs clearing from the "log"??

I took it to pieces again and checked the sensors and all looks fine and the float seems to "float" as it should.....so at a bit of a loss :argh::argh:

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA