LR 3 Went dark, no power, no instrument panel, nothing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Busters Brew

Reaction score
Got stuck after getting gas yesterday, filled up no problem. moved Beast to park. Went in and noticed I couldn't lock him. I thought it must be my key fob. No problem my Rottie, was in beast so it was fairly safe. Tried to start him and nothing, no instruments, nothing. Went through the motions with a halo to jump but again nothing. I was on the phone with AAA and everything came back on, phone hooked up to Bluetooth, etc. Tried starting Beast and he turned over. Drove carefully (i.e. slowly-ish) home left beast running then straight to garage. Any ideas? Replaced alternator last Jan. Last week a wire was replaced under the engine cover, suspected squirrels.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really need to read the codes. There are a lot of things that could cause your issues. Weak battery as a start?

RichLR3

Reaction score
Happened to me 2x both times the battery cable (negative) slid off the post. Don’t ask me how it happens, I have been working on cars most of my life. Torque down to proper specs too. Something to think about next time it happens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut