LR Steering & Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

pneon

Since everyone decided to ignore my previous thread I will post up something new :p.

I have a 05 LRE SE and have what looks like an imbalance issue with the tires. Whats funny is the tires are perfectly aligned and balanced. So this leaves me a little stumped. Obviously something is wrong in either the steering or suspension, but the dealer will not help me out quoting "Its the tires". Well this is my 2nd set of tires and the problem remains. Hopefully you guys might have some ideas, I figure either:

1. something is lose (axle/wheelbearing nut, anyone know what torque these should be? The older disco was something like 35lbs)

2. my tie rods have died at 15k (doubtful and now physical wear on the outside)

3. something internal in my rack has broken (missing a tooth on a gear)

4. ball joint (dunno as the tires dont follow cracks/groves in the road)

5. a bushing has worn out (bah grasping for straws at this point)

Either way I have been looking over the front/back ends for some physical damage or loose part and have had no success and am hoping one of you guys can help me out since I am still battling with LR over this issue.

X

xcursion

I supposed you have tried different dealers and contacted LRNA? If this still doesnt work, how about checking out the lemon laws in your area. That should give them a scare and take you seriously.

D

dronedog

hey, i am not an expert but here is what i would try.
first, i would rotate the wheels and see if the vibration seems to change. if it does, it is probably a wheel.
2nd, if that doesn't tell you anything, go to the dealer and ask them to let you swap wheels and tires with another vehicle. i would think the LR rep would go along with this. if the problem goes away, it is in the wheels, if not, it is a vehicle problem.
3rd, if it does go away with this switch out, then you need to try and figure if the problem is the wheels or the tires.

R

roadguy55

I m with dronedog,,, but if it is the wheels,, i would pressure LR to let you keep the new ones,, with the newer tires of course. I would continue to bring it back to the dealer, as often as your time allows and make a polite pain of yourself until they come up with a solution. You shouldnt have to be the one hunting down the problem,, you paid a premium that supposed to include a premium service,,,,, EXPECT IT!!

Happy New Year!

P

pneon

I do not believe this issue lies within the rims or tires. Originally the issue began after my front left tire went flat because of a nail and I had to drive on the spare for a couple of days (was the weekend) until I was able to get the tire patched.

After the tire was patched the issue began and I have been trying to figure it out ever since. Swapping wheels/tires does not seem to correct this issue, so I must guess that it lies somewhere in the drivetrain.

Yes I have tried rotating, etc. the tires with no solution.

P

pneon

Thanks for your responses! Yes I am talking with LRNA currently about resolving issue. I figure if they do not get involved I will contact the BBB and file a complaint, at least LR will notice that.

X

xcursion

Please do let us know if and how LRNA solve your problems.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635