Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These videos are hilarious. Really entertaining. They feature a German couple, Christian and Vera, and their obsession with fixing and maintaining Land Rovers (LR3s and LR4s). Christian has a complete machine shop at home (including a power lift that he built) and an obsession with fixing things. Vera assists him and provides lots of "Oh My Gawd" comments for comic relief. In one video, Christian lifts the entire body off the frame and rolls the frame, with engine and transmission attached, into his workshop where he disassembles the entire engine down to the busted crankshaft. Sounds pretty dry, but it's actually really fun to watch.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more; some of the work they do is simply amazing and so much fun at the same time. I really appreciated their review of the V6 gas engine and his analysis of the crank issues (a few weeks ago now I believe). Complete kudos to Christian and Vera for the amazing contributions to LR ownership :).

DiscoLR4

Reaction score
Oh yes, LR Time content is a must watch for disco enthusiasts. Christian and Vera have unlimited energy - they truly are influencers, make me want to pick up the wrench.

Although I have to say, they go through the work so fast, for newbies like me, i can't follow. It's fun to watch, but it's not exactly a step-by-step. Which is probably not their intent anyways. I still enjoy watching the work and do so every Sunday.

Also, I'm still very confused about the engine oil they use. They are adamant about switching away from spec, and their logic is good. But then, entire Rover community in the forums stick to spec. Not trying to start an engine oil conversation here, it's covered plenty elsewhere - but this is one thing I'm not sure which way to lean. My truck is a 2015MY, with 0W20 spec. I'm sticking to that just because of the sheer number of people in these forums recommending that and not following LR Time's advice. If Christian and/or Vera frequent these forums, would love to see them discuss it in the forums.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bear in mind they're running the Diesel engine. Does that make a difference? Higher compression ratio and all that good stuff?

DiscoLR4

Reaction score
Bear in mind they're running the Diesel engine. Does that make a difference? Higher compression ratio and all that good stuff?
Hmm, good point. Although the points they made seemed it would equally apply to petrol engines. That's another reason why I'm sticking to my spec for now, until there's a consensus about moving away from spec for our exact models.

HarryO

Reaction score
Love LRTime and in absolute awe of his technical knowledge and honest opinions.

Oh My Gawd Lets not forget Vera

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA