LR3 DVD sound -- other than headphones?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

conerly

Talked to dealer about installation of DVD. They confirmed that the only sound available was through the wireless headsets. Is there a way to get sound through the Aux function on the radio, or is there an fm modulator option.

Thanks

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
conerly said:
Talked to dealer about installation of DVD. They confirmed that the only sound available was through the wireless headsets. Is there a way to get sound through the Aux function on the radio, or is there an fm modulator option.

Thanks
They are wroing. The dealer-installed Land Rover OEM DVD unit does support sound through Aux; this was always a feature. (Though the DVD supplier did mess it up temporarily -- it's been fixed.)

Even a 3rd party unit can be wired into the system, too... if they know what they are doing. It's just a L+R analog connection.

F

fbaer

There is an AUX input on the back of the console, facing the 2nd passenger seats, right next to an additional 12 volt lighter plug. I use it for my iPod, with a belkin charger that has a line out, much better sound than using the headphone adaptor.

B

backpain

I have a 3 way switch installed on the AUX input - Position 1 is my iPod, Position 2 is my XM and Position 3 is the DVD entertainment system. Pick which one we want on the speakers and voi la.

My old setup had the XM on FM preset 1 and had the DVD on FM preset 2 but that sucked because I do a bit of traveling and the interference was annoying. The switch works great. See http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=281 for a pic of the switch.

b

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
backpain - Where did you get that switch? Is all of the wiring hidden in the console? Do you have any more pictures to help me/us understand your setup better. It looks great!

TY!

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm this close (holds fingers very close together) to installing a Man mini in our LR3. Playing movies on it as well as iTunes and having a internet connection at hotspots. I figure a bluetooth mouse and keyboard is all my son would need to cycle thru ripped movies on the HD... I'm also considering mounting a 14 or so inch screen between the front seats on the console lid. The truck just doesn't seem to lend itself to anything but a roof mount DVD system and I'm not a big fan of those.

THoughts?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9