Lr4 Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottd132

Reaction score
If rotors are still up to the specs, but warped (i.e. demaged from heat) - that is warranty issue. I would fight for it.

The dealer locks the doors when I drive up and all of the dealers are all owned by the same guy in our area.:bootyshak

Next time in I have to have the right front stereo speaker replaced and the front heated windshield quit working and the fuse is good.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they charge you anything for the rotors? I have had a similiar repair rate on my vehicle regarding the pads but without the rotor warping...yet. It goes in next month.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR4 is at the dealer right now (for the first time since I've owned it) for vibration in the steering wheel under braking.

The truck has about 7500 miles on it, and after reading about all of these rotor / pad replacements at insanely low mileage, I was expecting to be told it was "normal wear and tear" by my dealer. I wouldn't have accepted that answer, but I was expecting it.

I just got the call now from the dealer, and they are replacing the pads and rotors under warranty, no questions asked. They told me that there was a TSB for this, and that there is an updated version of pads / rotors from LR.
Do you happen to know the service bulletin number for this issue?

Gregorio

Reaction score
22,000 miles of mostly city and mountain driving and the brake pad warning light just came on this weekend. Going in today. Compared to my other 4 vehicles, the LR4 has the worst brake wear of them all.

As far as overall issues, the 2010 LR4 is the worst car I've ever owned in over 30 years. I'll be happy to walk away from it in 2 years.

carguy 67

Reaction score
This is a follow up to my post on 1-20-12 about squealing brakes. As I predicted the "lubricating" of the brake pads was a total bust. Brakes are squealing more now than Ned Beatty did in Deliverance. Bottom line, I am done with the dealer on this issue. It is obviously the brake pads and their composite. I just ordered all new back pads on my dime BC one thing I can not tolerate is incompetence. According to my dealer LRNA were allegedy the ones who suggested this lubrication fix. LRNA probably knows they are in a jam because they purchased sub-par components. I purposely bought Non OEM pads. This car has 12k miles on it, I have brought it back to the dealer 4x since i have owned it for brakes/vibration issues. This is beyond ridiculous, maybe they should fire the engineer who designed this system. I have owned alot of cars in my life and I have NEVER seen anything like this in all my days. I get it that parts wear out, its part of owning a car, but seriously, 4x in 12k miles? LRNA needs to figure this out bc it is really pathetic. And don't try to sell me on that "its a heavy car" BS, the systems should be designed to tolerate the vehicles weight. It is not an Abrams tank......I will be giving LRNA a call to let them know my feelings.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a follow up to my post on 1-20-12 about squealing brakes. As I predicted the "lubricating" of the brake pads was a total bust. Brakes are squealing more now than Ned Beatty did in Deliverance. Bottom line, I am done with the dealer on this issue. It is obviously the brake pads and their composite. I just ordered all new back pads on my dime BC one thing I can not tolerate is incompetence. According to my dealer LRNA were allegedy the ones who suggested this lubrication fix. LRNA probably knows they are in a jam because they purchased sub-par components. I purposely bought Non OEM pads. This car has 12k miles on it, I have brought it back to the dealer 4x since i have owned it for brakes/vibration issues. This is beyond ridiculous, maybe they should fire the engineer who designed this system. I have owned alot of cars in my life and I have NEVER seen anything like this in all my days. I get it that parts wear out, its part of owning a car, but seriously, 4x in 12k miles? LRNA needs to figure this out bc it is really pathetic. And don't try to sell me on that "its a heavy car" BS, the systems should be designed to tolerate the vehicles weight. It is not an Abrams tank......I will be giving LRNA a call to let them know my feelings.
I agree with you 100%. I have been told it is a weight issue as well which i feel is a total disregard for us as owners. Landrover should really do something about this as it will be a major turnoff for me to consider buying another one.

DonnieLR4

Reaction score
My wifes 2010 LR4 12,623 miles ...Needed new front and rear rotors and pads ... 1740$
My brothers wifes lr4 13.250 same brake issue, A man at my kids school ...same thing

After just trading in a 2008 sport with 26,000 miles that only needed its front pads replaced once i cant blame my wives driving

anyone driving on there original pads and rotors with 12,000 miles or more ?

I have about 13,000 on my piece of crap 2011 LR4 and i haven't had to replace pads yet. Honestly, brake pads are the least of your worries as a Land Rover owner. My guess is it won't be long until you will be sorry you made the decision to buy one, just like me............

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Born to creep will not fly............ sorry, I am drunk! :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72