Nearside Lights front and back keep going out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

psodan

Hi, I'm posting on behalf of my Dad who owns a Landrover Freelander TD4, its plate is the one just before the '01', he is suffering from the front and back nearside side lights lights continually going out. The fuse which is just a standard 10amp one keeps blowing, it appears to happen at random. You can drive 10 foot and it goes or get a bit further. It's blown going at fast and slow speeds. It's driving him crazy and it's also dangerous when driving in the dark. Any ideas one what could be the cause? It was raised at a garage when he was last there but they didn't resolve it, it just blew again. Another garage probably is the way to go but thought on the off chance someone may be in the know.

Thanks, Dan.

P

psodan

Was meant to say we think it could be to do with water/moisture although couldn't see any is that a possible cause?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would check the bulb connections for either water or corrosion. It sounds to me like it is shorting out. If you have changed the fuse more than a couple time you should see burn marks were it is shorting.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo