Need some assistance on break pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ed146

Reaction score
I have 2010 LR4 and it has 31k miles. Finally, break pad sensor light came on the dashboard and I have found out that my front break pads need to be replaced. I have found someone who has had experience replacing break pads on land rovers so all I need to get are the parts.

I have following questions:

1. I read somewhere that if the break pad sensor comes on, i need to replace that part. If the below part the right one from parts.com ?

BRAKES / BRAKE COMPONENTS / FRONT BRAKES / SENSOR
SENSOR BRAKE PAD WEAR SENSOR; LR4

MSRP Core ? Save Online Price
$30.16 $0.00 $5.88 $24.28

Link: http://www.parts.com/parts/2010/LAND%20ROVER/LR4/HSE/?siteid=2&vehicleid=1445215&section=BRAKES&group=&subgroup=&component=&startrow=1&searchtext=&itemAdded

2. What other parts are necessary to ensure I have all the parts necessary for this person to replace my pads beside the pads themselves?

Please shed some light on this as I would rather not pay the dealership near me $700 to replace rotors and pads.

Thanks,

Dan

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just order from Atlantic British, they specialize in Land Rovers, their prices are likely to be cheaper than parts.com on stuff like this and they usually have them in stock, so they ship right away. Parts.com just sends your order to a dealer for fulfillment, so that may take longer. You need a set of OEM LR4 front pads and one front wear sensor. Your friend needs regular tools and maybe some anti-squeal compound. It's no different than doing any other car, so very simple for someone who has done brake jobs before.

94speedster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just order from Atlantic British, they specialize in Land Rovers, their prices are likely to be cheaper than parts.com on stuff like this and they usually have them in stock, so they ship right away. Parts.com just sends your order to a dealer for fulfillment, so that may take longer. You need a set of OEM LR4 front pads and one front wear sensor. Your friend needs regular tools and maybe some anti-squeal compound. It's no different than doing any other car, so very simple for someone who has done brake jobs before.

+1. Give Brititsh Atlantic a call. They offer very good prices and can answer any questions.

Personally, I just cut the brake pad sensor cables (front & back) and zip-tied it to itself. I find them to be a nuisance, and am routine about checking my brake pads periodically as I service my own cars. The REASON was not to save the $25/sensor cost - but rather the hassel of taking apart the inner wheel well liner (10+ screws and plastic catches) to plug in the sensor itself (which has a cable that is 3-5 feet long). It's a *****, and takes longer than actually changing the pads themselves IMHO!

-B ;)

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo