New 01 RR Rhino owner here (pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

LINK80Reid

Hey everyone. I have been trolling these forums for over a year now and recently picked up my 01 Range Rover. She is a beauty. 01 4.6 HSE Rhino edition. Nitto Terra Grappler tires. 50,000 miles. Interior is immaculate. I got the full car fax and it was a corporate lease vehicle in LA cali. area with 1 owner its entire life. I have gained an incredible amount of information from this forum. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to it. These are the only pictures I have so far, more to come.

[EDIT] BTW These pictures were taken in the Tonto national Forest, Canyon lake AZ.

DSCN0449.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg

DSCN0447.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice Pics, Welcome to the board. Normally an Intro would go in the Intro section.

R

RRob

Nice truck! Questions

Link80: I am also looking to buy an 01 Rhino edition. Since you've stated that you've gained some knowledge from this site, could you tell me some of the most common issues that these trucks have? I dont have a Rover yet but before i get one i just one to know what im getting into. I dont mind doing DIY jobs.
Thanks in advance
Rob

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well there's about 45000 threads of common problems for your perusal!

My '99, 75000 miles
water pump failure
starter failure
blown torque converter
flex plate cracked
heater core O ring failure
Mass air flow sensor
valve job
very close to total suspension failure

Most of these are pretty common I think, except maybe the transmission.

R

RRob

How about parts?

Are the parts expensive? And, are the issues that you mentioned easy to fix? Thank you.

R

RRob

No worries

I did what you said and found a ton of info on this car on this site. Maybe you could help me with this question. If you had a choice, would you get a 99' 4.6 Callaway or a 2001 4.6HSE? and of course, why? Also, what does
P38 mean? Is that the chassis code? What would a 2001 RR be? Sorry for the 21 questions. Thanks again.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you're looking for. Mechanically the callaway has it's advantages. Check out Rangeroversnet for details on it. You can always get a nice deal on mine, it's in the classifieds here. Pretty much all the broken stuff has been fixed! Brand spankin new pads and rotors too. The only thing left on the list is that I really want to swap to a coil suspension. Sorry, I don't know what exactly the P38 stands for, except it is the body style from late '95 to 2002.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM