New Nav Disc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just got my new nav disc from Navteq and I don't know how to put it in my '05 LR3. I think the dvd system is under the drivers seat but I cannot access it. Can anyone help me out?

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stick your head under there. You have to move the seat to an extreme position, elevated and forward?, for best access. Load disc like any other player. Done.

TRD4ME

Reaction score
There is a plastic panel about 4 inches by 20 inches on the front of the drivers seat, go ahead and rip it off, it's got four metal barb clips holding it in place. Extend the seat foreward and you will be able to reach your arm under the seat. Make fure to slide the dvd reader's locking tab to 'open' when inserting the disk. Relock when you are done.

broiler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought in '05 it was under the passenger seat, but I may be wrong.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bye bye 1791.... But my 05 has it under the driver's seat.

Last edited:

oyeahhhhhh

Reaction score
on my '05 lr3 it is under the drivers seat. when i changed my disk all i had to do was put the drivers seat all the way forward (towards the steering wheel) and all the way up (towards the ceiling). than there is a lock/unlock switch on the right side of the unit (once looking it from footwell) and eject button on the left side. unlock the switch, hit eject, stick new disk in and than lock switch again. a flash light helps.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[LR3]Superkeege;65714 said:
I just got my new nav disc from Navteq and I don't know how to put it in my '05 LR3. I think the dvd system is under the drivers seat but I cannot access it. Can anyone help me out?
If you use the 1791 code, don't put that new disc in until you read Angas' post on here about making your own copy of your disc. You can remove the software upload that is going to wipe out your 1791 functionality, but you'll still get the new map data. Food for thought, anyway.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, moving the seat as mentioned above is all you need to do... I'm fairly sure they describe how to do it in the manual. No need to remove the front panel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM