New Rubber Mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I got my new rubber mats today and installed them. They look great and fit really nicely, but man do they stink!!! My LR4 still smelled pretty new since it's only a couple months old, but now it stinks like rubber. :biggrin:

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

-David

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David,

I let my mats sit out of the box for a few days before putting them in. The rubber smell will only last about a week.

There's nothing like the new car smell ! Made me think, did you every buy those tree air freshener's, the one that says new car smell? I would like to know what new car smells like that ! It smells like cheap colonge! Lol.

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem here ... it does go away ... either take them out and let them air out or iif your LR is garaged, just open all the windows. I did this and the odor went away in a week.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David,

I let my mats sit out of the box for a few days before putting them in. The rubber smell will only last about a week.

There's nothing like the new car smell ! Made me think, did you every buy those tree air freshener's, the one that says new car smell? I would like to know what new car smells like that ! It smells like cheap colonge! Lol.
Hey Franky,

Hahaha! I'd rather smell the rubber mats :)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the advice about the OEM rubber floor mats. I took them back out to let them air out a bit before putting them back in the truck.

They stunk!

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635