New to Land Rover & the Forum.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
Greetings,
My name is Chris and I'm new to the thread. In fact I'm new to the whole forum concept joining only one other one (about 1911's, not Rovers). I've been fascinated by Land Rovers ever since I saw my first Defender 110 NAS as a kid. I eyeballed them for years and occasionally paid thought to buying one. I bought myself a Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab in 2001 and it has been a rock solid and faithful ride for over a decade and a half. (220,000mi+ and absolutely no problems.) I had no intention of ever selling it. Long story short life changed a lot and my wonderful wife encouraged me to treat myself to a new car and the Land Rover pull started again. I checked them out and just ordered my 2016.5 LR4 HSE Silver Edition. (The 2016.5 distinction was theirs, not mine.) Anyhow, I take delivery in May and am pretty excited. I'm sure I'll tap into the expertise and knowledge here as I plan to drop a winch, roof rack, and some other overland mods on my new British steed when she arrives. Hello all, look forward to the forum.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... I am sure you will enjoy your Rover.

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
Thanks Joey. it's sort of a dream car for me. I always loved the Defenders but am not prepared to fork out the kind of cabbage those are selling for in North America. The LR4 platform looks ideal to me.

I have friends in England and they tell me I could get a used Defender there for dirt cheap and they laugh at the prices a NAS Defender can fetch here. I tell them it's simple economics - supply & demand.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM