Newest MOD - SUV tent SPORTZ 83000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sliders (option 2 regular) do the majority of the work as well, but the front plate got a little workout rock crawling out of a deep river crossing. Glad it's on there.

You didn't have the 2" lift in that video did you? Didn't seem that high for some reason. I just put it on during GD4 and loved the difference it made.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. Ill have to get the ruler out to find out what the actual lift is. The shortened sensor arms are still on (coming off tonight). After 3 trips though the car wash, I think its safe to stick my arm up in there again.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BTW - There is a "view HQ video" link in the upper right corner, but its only marginally better. I had to compress it to fit Google's upload limit and they definitely compress it again. If picasa wasn't just so dam convenient, id upload the original to a server...

Great pics and video, thanks for sharing.

Check out vimeo.com for uploading HQ or HD video. It's free, they have very generous upload limits, and the quality is exceptional (blows away Google Video or You Tube).

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I thought the same thing about extended mode kicking in.

Did your truck give you any indication that it was going into extended mode or did you just rock back and get a hold of something with the rear tires?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I thought the same thing about extended mode kicking in.

Did your truck give you any indication that it was going into extended mode or did you just rock back and get a hold of something with the rear tires?
It dings and says "Extended Mode" on message center

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No "Extended Mode". I thought the left front pulled me over, but not sure. The unstoppable feeling these truck inspire is fun/dangerous ;-)

feitinger

Reaction score
Do you guys sleep in the truck , or in the tent? Also, do you have an SE, which is why the 2" lift. Just wondering, I have an HSE with the air suspension.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't slept in the truck before. Just the tent. But several on our trips do sleep in theirs and like it - quiter for one thing.
Both the SE and the HSE have terrain response and air suspension. The 2" lift is achieved by shortening the height sensor rods - several threads on that topic elsewhere. Worth checking out. I love it.

feitinger

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks. Stupid me, I answered all those questions right after I posted. I guess I am kinda new to the LR3 mods. Trying to set mine up G4 style with all the goodies.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my picture, my 2yo slept in the truck and we are in the tent. On solo trips, I enjoy sleeping back there. Either way, works great!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4