No HVAC or radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottinNJ

Reaction score
Last night while driving, I lost my HVAC display and the radio went dead (blower fans stopped and no sound from stereo) but otherwise drove fine. I shut off the truck, restarted and the displays (blower fan) came back on. This morning, no HVAC or radio display, but the red security light on the radio is blinking as if the key wasn't in the ignition. It is not wet under the right front seat. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1997 4.6

BELLROVER

Reaction score
k bus?

It sounds like you have a k bus shorted to ground! did the power steering feel more stiff then usual when the fault occured? what year is the car? notify your dealer and give them the fullest of details. the more details you give the better chance you have of getting your car fix right! Does this happen more often when the cars dash board is warm and has been exposed to sunlight? if so have them check the wiring at the bottom of the right a post piller were the srs ignitor is located. have them look for a white red yellow wire that could be possibly shorting aginst the ignitor!:albertein

ScottinNJ

Reaction score
Power steering doesn't seem more stiff. I have a 1997 4.6. Cigar lighter is also out. I assumed it was the BECM. My initial thought was to swap it out with another unit, although I don't know if that is possible or if it has to be reprogramed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9