Nokian Hakka

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwlitt1

Reaction score
the verbage of "sever snow service certified" is misleading. while they are snow rated, they are not as good in the snow as a dedicated winter tire.

calling them SEVER snow rated almost makes it sound as if its meant to take on the Arctic...but that's not the case.

I purchased the Wildpeak A/T trails for my LR4 a week ago. living in the NY tri-state area, they will compliment the LR4's already good snow weather ability, and they suit the amount of snow we get.
In VT, you may want a full winter tire, since as good as the LR4 4x4 system is, it cant make up for extreme snow.
How have these worked out for you? I had really been leaning towards putting on a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers but am starting to think now about going with the A/T trail to stick to OEM size. The pavement princess only goes across a creek a handful of times a year when I'm mushroom hunting. Otherwise winter weather is the biggest concern.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went skiing up at Mt. Hood yesterday, with new Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 tires. Roads were snowy on the way up, icy on the way down. I was pretty amazed at how well these tires did in braking tests in all conditions. Didn't really feel the ABS kick in much at all.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72