oil leaks up front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey zingale

Reaction score
I recently replaced the head gaskets, the intake manifold, and timing cover gaskets. I am getting a pretty good oil leak between the intake manifold gasket and the timing cover. this is a 97 discovery I bought used, i dont know if i am missing a part but all that holds down the manifold gasket is one bolt. there is the same set up on the back, one bold holding down the gasket. I can see the back but it makes sense to me that that most likely is leaking also.
I also replaced the 2 rubber gaskets directly under the center of the intake manifold.
dose anybody have a fix for this? I dont think this is normal.
Thanks for any and all help!!

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
joey zingale

I recently replaced the head gaskets, the intake manifold, and timing cover gaskets. I am getting a pretty good oil leak between the intake manifold gasket and the timing cover. this is a 97 discovery I bought used, i dont know if i am missing a part but all that holds down the manifold gasket is one bolt. there is the same set up on the back, one bold holding down the gasket. I can see the back but it makes sense to me that that most likely is leaking also.
I also replaced the 2 rubber gaskets directly under the center of the intake manifold.
dose anybody have a fix for this? I dont think this is normal.
Thanks for any and all help!!

Hello, and yes this sounds like the lifter valley curved metal straps are missing. This intake manifold gasket also seals the lifter galley, but if the roughly 6" long curved metal straps are missing, it would leak. You can download the rave manual and find the part number, it seal the lifter galley gasket.

You can use this manual to check for your missing part.

http://www.landroverresource.com/

Good luck Chongo
:bandit:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV