Painted Factory Wheels Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoneyBadger

Reaction score
I ended up painting my factory 19 wheels black. I left the inside of the wheel the factory silver but painted the face of the wheel black.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    471.4 KB · Views: 77
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 69

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up painting my factory 19 wheels black. I left the inside of the wheel the factory silver but painted the face of the wheel black.
Wow - those are shiny!

What did you use? I know some folks have used PlastiGrip for a temporary effect - you can just peel it off. I thought about having mine powder coated and painted, but decided to just leave them alone. If I pull the trigger on 18" wheels down the line, they will be black.

HoneyBadger

Reaction score
I own a body and repair shop and we used base coat and clear. I did use a better clear and put 3 coats on them to make them really glossy.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have to sand them first? I would love a matte black finish my rims, but not sure I want to do that to my factory rims.

HoneyBadger

Reaction score
Yea I wet sanded them down. I almost did a matte clear finish but after seeing the black glossy wheels on the Beckham Edition Evoque, I went with the glossy.

Georgemera1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the black glossy wheels too.......

I got the black wheels with my 2012 LR4 two months ago and believe me this was the main reason I made my mind to buy the LR4, before I made a decision I was between the Mercedes Benz GL 450, Infinity QX56, Toyota Land Cruiser and LR4.
Black wheels make a big change on my black LR4, it looks sportier and customized and when I saw it at the dealer it was love at the first sight.

I really like the painted black wheels on the HoneyBadger's truck.

George.

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0836-1.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

ThePecker

Reaction score

A honeybadger does not **** you to eat you...it tears off your testicles.

All you need is some black vents, grill, handles a la metropolis/landmark then it'll be really :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink