Parking Sensor Flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhigham

Reaction score
Anyone want to lead me in the right direction to trouble shoot? They seem to be working but the sensor light on the dash is flashing orange.

On a side note not sure if related but the alarm has randomly gone off one or twice in the past few months. Battery is good. Load tested at the Auto Parts Store.

Thanks for the help

Robert

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the parking sensors. But the alarm thing is hood sensor related...take the grill/passenger side headlight out, find the hood sensor (it's at the top) and disconnect it, put a piece of aluminum foil in and plug it back in. That disables it. There's a few threads here on that with pics.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my park sensors were acting up I got a message on the display.

One quick thing you can do is put your ear right up against the sensor, you should hear a faint clicking sound. If you hear one that doesn't click, you might have found your problem.

In my case, all were clicking - my issue ended up being water getting inside the sensors after doing a water crossing. After a month or so, the water evaporated inside the sensor and it has been fine ever since. If I ever take my bumper off I'll probably replace them, but they arn't cheap (~$75)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90