Part question for broken 3rd row seat belt lever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When attempting to stow the 3rd row seats, I noticed that one of the seat backs would not go down because the seat belt (the receptacle end) was still sticking up. I looked at the other side and saw that there is a lever that retracts the seat belt so that the seat back doesn't close up on the seat belt. Upon closer inspection, the plastic lever pulls the seat belt down out of the way as the seat back hinges forward.

Has anyone else had this part break? It's surprising that this lever is made out of a material (plastic) that is easily snapped if the seat bottom isn't down all the way prior to attempting to close the seat back. This is especially frustrating considering that there is a good chance of not getting everything closed fully in the proper sequence due to the reaching, stretching and contortion required to raise and lower the 3rd row.

If you have a part number or know how to find one for the lever that goes to the driver's side third row seat, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72