Passenger door lock springy and rear windows don't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zende

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger door lock is really springy and barely stays down, it will not click fully down and if I hit a bump it easliy pops back up. Its a nice day here in Chicago and I was thinking about removing the door panel to check it out. Any suggestions????

Also, My rear windows seem to work when they want to and that is almost never.. Is this a acutator prob?

Thanks

Zende

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solder?

How do you determine what is a bad solder?? They pretty much all look the same. My front windows work perfect, driver side rear never works and pass rear works every so often..

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Bad Solder is when you can see either cracks in the solder connection or you may even see where it has completely separated.

If you look a figure 6 of the link above you may notice that the circle solder joint is not a well defined as the others. This is a result of poor QA at the factory that built this board.

Reheat and add a drop of solder and the issue is gone.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo